Hold Ctrl-tasten nede. Trykk på + for å forstørre eller - for å forminske.

Corvinus University of Budapest – Hungary

Corvinus University of Budapest also called CUB is an internationally recognised institution in the areas of both education and research. Do you want to live in a colourful metropolis and develop your academic knowledge in an international environment? Apply to Corvinus University of Budapest!

  • © Corvinius University of Budapest – Hungary

Practical Information
Facebook – International Students in Budapest


Information about the university
Budapest is the largest city in Hungary. CUB has a total of 3 faculties, and has around 11000 students. CUB is split in 2 campuses (Buda and Pest), located on both sides of the Danube flanks. The Pest campus regroups students from the Humanities department among others.

Language of instruction

Language requirements
English proficiency recommended at minimum B2 level.
For a description of proficiency levels according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, please click here
Students who do not meet the language requirements will be offered online language courses prior the exchange period.

GPA requirements (Karakterkrav)
No GPA requirements

Total number of study places
2 per semester (between BA in Nordic, English and History studies)

Tuition fee (Skolepenger)
Student doing exchange within Erasmus +  are exempted from tuition fees

Erasmus + in combination with loan and grant from Lånekassen for eligible students

Academic year
Autumn semester: September-End of January
Spring semester: End of January-Mid-June

How to find subjects
You can  find courses according to the different study areas for undergraduate in the main menu.
Check the university webpage here. All students can also choose courses within social sciences.

ECTS credits abroad
1 ECTS credits = 1 Norwegian Study point (Studiepoeng)

The International Office does not provide accommodation but makes every reasonable effort to provide assistance in finding a suitable accommodation. At the beginning of each semester a list of some real estate agencies is issued in the Information Letter that may help international students to find accommodation. Please note, however, that the University does not have an agreement with these agencies.

Norwegian students do not need to apply for visa when travelling to Europe. Students who do not hold Norwegian citizenship must check themselves if they need to apply for Visa.

Further inquiries?
Please contact the International Office at

Students reports from exchange studies here