If for whatever reason you do not want to use the «Let us know» system at UiS, you can submit a report to the public supervisory authorities.
Depending on the type of case, you can contact the following government agencies (all links open in a new window):
- Ministry of Education and Research
- The Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority
- The Norwegian Data Protection Authority
- The Equality and Anti-discrimination Ombudsman
- The Norwegian Directorate for Civil Protection
- The Norwegian Board of Health Supervision
- The Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority
- South-West Norway Police District
- The Norwegian National Authority for the Investigation and Prosecution of Economic and Environmental Crime
As a student, you can notify the public, for example via the press or in social media. However, be careful about directing accusations against your fellow students or the staff in public. Claims that later turn out to be misleading or incorrect can be difficult to rectify afterwards.
Therefore, you should first consider the following:
- Can the matter be resolved by reporting it to UiS or the supervisory authorities?
- Are there good reasons to inform the public about the matter?
- Am I prepared for the attention that this could lead to?
If you would like to consult someone, you can contact the StOr (Student Organization of Stavanger) president or the at UiS.