Introduction to Zotero
This workshop will get you started with Zotero and teach you how to use Zotero to manage your references and to correctly format your citations and reference list. We will go through how to import references, and sort them as well as how to share your Zotero library with others. Before the workshop you must download and install Zotero. Click here to download. Remember to download both the program as well as Zotero Connector for your browser.
Target audience: Students and staff at UiS
Equipment: Your own laptop with Zotero installed
Teaching method: Workshop
Prior knowledge needed: Basic knowledge about searching in Oria and library databases is recomended
Duration: 90 minutes + 15 minutes break
Number of participants in physical classes: 14
Number of participants in digital classes: 20 (We are available in Zoom 30 min before the class starts.
Sign up: No, first come first served.
After the class you should know:
- How to insert correctly formatted in-text citations.
- How to create a correctly formatted reference list.
- How to import references from Oria, databases, web pages, etc. to Zotero.
- How to insert references manually into Zotero.
- How to use functions such as groups, storing PDF, searching in the library, etc.
- How to share your library with others.