You can find more information on academic matters in the Guide for new students at UiS
1. Attend the official semester opening online
The official opening with the rector and mayor of Stavanger will be broadcast at uis.no and Facebook Monday 10 August at noon. You are invited to attend from home or your pc/mobile on campus.
2. Keep your distance and avoid crowding
Everyone who comes to UiS campuses must keep their distance to others and observe UiS infection control precautions. Avoid crowds and queues if you can, and if not: remember not to stand too close to others.
3. Pay your students fees online («Studentbetaling»)
To prevent an influx of people at the student service desk in the Arne Rettedal building, we will not be able to handle payments by card for the first week. We therefore recommend that you pay your fees via online banking. Please visit Studentweb for more info. Payment is due 1 September.
4. Delay picking up your student card
The student service desk is open weekdays from 9 am to 3 pm. You can have your student card printed here at all times. If you don’t need your card for the first week, we recommend waiting until the rush has subsided.
5. Send us an e-mail
You can contact us at the following e-mail addresses:
- Student help desk (for questions regarding student fees/student card/general questions): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student guidance (for questions regarding academic matters/regulations and special arrangements for students with disabilities): email@example.com
- Student web (for questions regarding study plans/semester registration): firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT services (for problems activating your IT user and general IT help): IT-hjelp
6. Digital student service desk
You can also use the digital student service desk for most of the above mentioned issues.