Hold the "Ctrl" key down. Press "+" (plus) to zoom in or "-" (minus) to zoom out.

Frequently asked questions about publishing Master's theses

How do I convert my Word file to PDF?
In Word, choose “Save as” and "Adobe PDF". You will then have a saved PDF of your paper.

If you don’t have Word, choose a PDF converter. Choose “Print” and "Adobe PDF" or "SPSS pdf converter" as your printer. This will convert your Word file, and you can save your file as PDF. These converters are installed on all computers in the library.
I need to scan some pages of my paper (such as the front page or any attachments) and combine everything into one file. What do I do?
We can help you, just get in touch with the library.
What sort of password do I need to log in to Brage?

If you have a Norwegian national identity number, you can log in via Feide, using the same username and password as you use in It's Learning. Otherwise, you can request a new password. Click on “Bestill passord” (i.e. “Request password”) and fill inn your library id (“LånetakerID”; see the back of your student card) and your last name (“Etternavn”).

Two of us are working together; do we both need to submit in Brage?
No, if you have the same thesis, only one of you have to submit, but both students’ names must be entered.
My thesis is confidential / I don’t want it to be available online – what should I do?
You will still need to submit, but look out for the embargo field when you get to “Access settings”. Add the date when you want it to be available. See the illustration below:

If you do not want it to be available at all, enter a date well into the future (e.g. 2200-01-01), but please do not tick the “Private item” check box, as this causes problems for the administrator.

I have submitted my paper in Brage, but I made a mistake. Now what do I do?
If you let us know, we can reject your submission and it will come back to you so you can correct your mistake. If you for instance entered the wrong collection, don’t worry about it. We can fix that without you submitting again. If you have submitted twice, it should be possible for the administrator to see which is the most recent submission.

Should I include the formalised front page?
Yes, and remember, a red page for a confidential paper.
I don’t know which collection to submit to?
SV-HH = Handelshøgskolen (Economy)
SV-IH = Institutt for helsefag (Health sciences)
SV-IS = Institutt for sosialfag (Social work)
SV-IMKS = Institutt for medie-, kultur- og samfunnsfag (Media etc.)
SV-NHS = Norsk hotellhøgskole (Hotel)
HF-IBU = Institutt for barnehagelærerutdanning (Young children)
HF-IGIS = Institutt for grunnskolelærerutdanning, idrett og spesialpedagogikk (Education, sports)
HF-IKS = Institutt for kultur- og språkvitenskap (Culture, languages)
TN-IDE = Institutt for data og elektronikk (Computing, electronics)
TN-IØRP = Institutt for industriell økonomi, risikostyring og planlegging (Industrial economics, risk management)
TN-IKM = Institutt for konstruksjonsteknikk og materialteknologi (Construction, engineering)
TN-IMN = Institutt for matematikk og naturvitenskap (Maths, natural sciences)
TN-IPT = Institutt for petroleumsteknologi (Petroleum)
What is Creative commons?
Applying a licence makes it easier for readers to know what they can and can’t do with your paper. If you choose open access, we recommend CC BY (answer yes to both questions), but this is optional. Read about it here:

I still have questions, where can I get help?
Get in touch with Linda Johnsen on phone 51 83 11 14 or e-mail