The following candidates can register for resits/deferred exams:
- Candidates with a valid reason for absence during the ordinary exams. Valid reasons are illness or other circumstances beyond the candidate's control. This has to be documented by a doctor's certificate or similar documentation.
- Candidates who failed their ordinary exam
- Candidates who withdrew from the exam during their last ordinary exam
The candidates can register for resits/deferred exams on the Student Web once the exam results from the ordinary exams have been announced.
The deadline for registration for resits is July 20th for resits/deferred exams for the Spring term examinations and January 20th for resits/deferred exams for the Autumn term examinations.
Registration for resits/deferred exams for exams occuring outside of the ordinary examination periods takes place via the Student Web as soon as the result has been announced, and no later than 3 weeks after announcement.
The following candidates do not have the right to present themselves for resits/deferred exams:
- Candidates who have passed their exams
- Candidates who have failed to present themselves for the ordinary exams without a valid, documented reason
- Candidates who have not registered for the ordinary exams
- Candidates who have registered, but who have cancelled their exam registration within the deadline
These candidates have to register for the next ordinary exam.